Online bingo and classic bingo may be essentially the same game but there are a few key differences between them. These differences help to separate the games and even offer completely different experiences to players at onlinebingo.co.
Classic bingo is a game of bingo which is played in venues such as bingo halls. This kind of bingo was incredibly popular in the past, particularly throughout the 1960’s and 1970’s. It’s popularity has diminished somewhat thanks to the rise of online bingo but many still feel that classic bingo has an irreplaceable atmosphere.
Classic bingo works very simply, players will select numbers on a bingo card, balls will then be drawn by the bingo caller who will proceed to make a witty comment about the number, players will then have to cross any matching numbers off of their card until they get a bingo. Classic bingo offers a wide variety of prizes including tickets to events, cash prizes and even something as small as free drinks, it all depends on where you are playing.
This form of bingo is specifically played online. Players can use devices such as mobile phones, tablets, desktop computers and laptops to access online bingo. Although it offers many similarities as classic bingo, there are several aspects of the game which as exclusive to online bingo,
- Online bingo is played behind a screen, this means that the social element of the game is completely different. Instead of communicating to players face to face, online bingo players use their own online bingo lingo through chats to communicate with each other.
- Players will have to place a deposit into their account before they can start playing, this means that players who don’t deposit anything won’t be able to play the game.
- Payments take the form of bank transfer mainly, although there are an increasing amount of online payment methods. More and more online sites are accepting e-wallets such as paypal and the unique pay by mobile method.
Online bingo and classic bingo actually offer players completely different gaming experiences, despite the fact that they are both essentially the same game. There are a number of major differences between the two.
● Atmosphere – Due to the way that players interact with the only version of the game, it does not have the same atmosphere as classic bingo games. Players won’t get to interact with others in the same live venue and thus the level of excitement is completely different, although it can be just as palpable.
● Social – A clear difference is in the way that players speak to each other. Taking away the face to face interactions make online gaming seem less personal but there are still many chances to socialise thanks to online bingo lingo and chat rooms.
Online bingo offers a more accessible experience for players as it can be played anytime and anywhere. Classic bingo is a much more sociable game, with a bigger emphasis on face to face interaction.